Terms & Conditions
BOOKINGS, CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
Bookings can be made via telephone, internet or email – we will ask you to complete a Rider Registration online form after you book your Trek. We will send you an email with the link to the form.
Sometimes life happens. We deal with cancellations as generously as we can, given we are a small seasonal business with limited saddle seats.
All bookings are subject to a non-refundable $250 payment. We prefer payment through our website or EFT, other payment options can be made by contacting us directly. Please note credit card payments have a 2% banking administration surcharge.
If you cancel more than 20 days prior to start of ride the payment is refunded except a $250 fee which can be transferred to another trek or rider within the same summer season. If you cancel less than 20 days prior to start of ride the entire payment can be transferred to another trek or rider within the same summer season. We do not refund payments when you cancel with less than 20 days-notice.
We do not accept riders under 8 years of age and child riders, under 16 years, are welcome on Family and Brumby Treks. Other treks are unsuitable for child riders.
IN CASE OF EMERGENCY
It hardly ever happens, but if it does, we are well prepared. All our tour guides are First-Aid qualified. A comprehensive first aid kit is kept at camp and basic first-aid kit is carried on packhorse and with your guide. Two-way radios and emergency location beacons are used for emergency evacuation. Our evacuation procedure is taken from military standards, thanks to the army experience of some of our staff. We have developed our safety policies and guide training over 20 years to give you a safe adventure, the thrill of mountain riding with peace of mind. Our safety record is enviable.
SAFETY, EVERYBODY’S RESPONSIBILITY
We take your safety very seriously. There are risks involved in adventure sports like horse riding. We take great care to provide and match you with well trained and educated horses for your safety. You will be required to complete an Application to Ride [LINK TO PDF] on arrival. This is your agreement to our terms and conditions and liability waiver. Guests note the following:
- Helmets must be worn by those under 18 years – recommended but not compulsory for all others.
- Any horse will kick in distressed circumstances or if mistreated.
- Equipment is regularly maintained but should be checked by guests and any issues reported to trek guides.
- Fires only to be lit under the supervision of a trek guide.
- Guests must adhere to safety advice and all directions given by trek guides.
Accuracy of Information on our site
We do our best to ensure that information on the site is complete, accurate and current.
However, information on the site may occasionally be inaccurate, incomplete or out date. All products descriptions and prices of products on this sight are subject to change at any time without notice.
We make all our best efforts to accurately display the attributes of our treks, including detailed descriptions However, very rarely but sometimes, what you purchase will be different to what we deliver due to weather, people, horses or climate or any other combination of safety and health issues. For these reasons, we do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the information, content or materials provided through the site. The inclusion of any products or services on this site does not imply or warrant that these products or services will be available at any time. We reserve the right to discontinue any product at any time.
When you Purchase you Agree
By placing an order with us, you are; offering to purchase the product, of legal age to form a binding contract, and all the information you represent to us is correct, true and accurate. You also are authorised to use the payment method provided. The receipt by you of an order confirmation does not constitute our acceptance of an order. We retain the right to refuse any order request made by you.
Prior to our acceptance of an order, verification of information may be required. We reserve the right at any time after receipt of your order to accept, modify or decline your order, or any portion of it, even after receipt of an order confirmation from us, for any reason whatsoever. We reserve the right to limit the number of items ordered and to refuse service to you without prior notification. If a Trek is listed at an incorrect price, either due to typographical or any other errors, we shall have the right to refuse or cancel any such order placed at the incorrect price, regardless of whether the order is being, or has been processed. If the payment has already been made or if your account has already been charged for the purchase and the order is cancelled, we will credit your account the same amount as the incorrect price.
Our brands and intellectual property
Our brands and intellectual property, contained on this website and in other places, emails, brochures, etc…. belong to Cochran Horse Treks. Nothing contained on the website or in any other place should be construed as granting any licence or any right to use any image, words or trademark without the prior written consent of the owner of this website. The purpose of the information is for “personal and information” purposes only by our customers. Any kind of reproduction without permission is strictly prohibited.
1. HORSE RIDING IS A DANGEROUS ACTIVITY. The rider recognises that horses are living animals. Each horse has a different nature and temperament. The rider recognises that there is an element of risk in riding horses and that the horse may act in an unpredictable manner, particularly if frightened, hurt or in any way mistreated. The rider acknowledges that a horse may quicken its pace, trot or canter on the return journey to its stable or yard. Approved helmets are available for sale or hire; however, the rider acknowledges that no helmet can protect the wearer against all possible impacts. Knowing these inherent risks including the use of approved helmets, the rider accepts the Cochran Horse Treks (the Establishment), its owners, agents and employees do not accept any liability for any accident, damage, injury to the rider, spectator or any other person or property whatsoever and the guardian of minor children indemnifies the Establishment against any claim that may be made by such minor rider.
2. All riders accept that the Establishment, its owners, agents and employees do not accept liability for any accident or injury to the rider arising because of the rider not wearing an approved helmet, with the retention system correctly fastened in accordance with the manufacturers fitting instructions.
3. Certain risks are normally involved including but not limited to collisions and falls.
4. The Establishment relies on the details provided as to riding experience and age in selecting horses.
5. The Establishment makes no warranty of any kind, expressed or implied as to the nature, habits and disposition of any horse supplied.
6. The rider alone accepts full responsibility for the control of the horse provided and its safety and agrees not to permit fast or uncontrolled riding or galloping and will only ride in a safe and controlled manner. Jumping is not allowed unless authorised and accompanied by an instructor.
7. The rider will not permit the horse selected for their personal use to be exchanged with other riders or permit any person other than the selected rider to ride the horse or permit the doubling of any other person, including children unless authorised and accompanied by an instructor.
8. The rider will be responsible for the correct adjustment of all harness, saddle, stirrups and helmets prior to and during the ride. The saddle girth must be kept tight always. The girth must be checked every hour to ensure tension is maintained. The rider shall request the ride attendant to assist in the adjustment of all equipment prior to and during the ride if necessary. The girth is not to be loosened or the saddle removed when resting the horse.
9. All accidents or injury to persons or damage to property or loss of equipment must be reported to the Establishment Office Manager before leaving the Establishment. If this is not possible due to the injury then such report must be made in writing within 14 days of the date of the injury, damage or loss. All claims must be made within 12 months of the date of injury, damage or loss and it is agreed that any claim not made within the 12-month period will be waived.
10. All instructions by the Establishment’s staff must be observed.
11. All directional and information signs situated on the property will be read and obeyed.
12. If any rider does not comply with the conditions set out in this application or in the opinion of the Establishment engages in misconduct, discourteous or hazardous riding then the ride may be cancelled by the Establishment and the Establishment need not refund any moneys charged for the ride.
13. Riders will be asked to sign an Application to Ride, containing these conditions regarding Liability.
14. This form or application need not be accepted by the Establishment and no reason need be given for its rejection.
Your use, and your consent to provide any content or information, that you provide us is limited to the contemplated functionality of the website. The site and information provided between us, may not be used in a manner that harasses, abuses, stalks, threatens, defames or otherwise infringes or violates the rights of another party. We will not provide your information to any other parties except when required to do so by law.
Will not send you unsolicited information or advertising. We will protect your personal and private information.
Australian Consumer Law
These terms and conditions comply with the Australian consumer laws.
Promotions and Discounts
Occasionally Cochran Horse Treks may offer promotions and discounts through email and advertisements.
Please note that excessive use or misuse of these promotions and/or discount codes may result in an order or purchase being cancelled. To maintain fairness, we restrict redemption of discount codes to 1 per client.
Your discount code will appear in your shopping cart. Discount codes are not redeemable for cash.